Tomas Hajny schrieb:
> On Wed, April 8, 2009 16:22, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Florian Klaempfl <flor...@freepascal.org>
>> wrote:
>  .
>  .
>> platforms as well. So far they are going a great job. BTW: I
>> understand FPC was Windows only in the beginning. ;-)

Windows support was very late in FPC: afaik it was added around 1998.

>  .
>  .
>
> No, DOS. ;-)

Also partly wrong ;) For myself, I started FPC to have a pascal compiler
on linux and 32 bit dos extenders for my chess programs. However, I
realized soon, that I could not develop on linux without TP which didn't
run on DOS emu at these times so I dropped work on a linux version and
concentrated on the DOS version. A few months later I added OS/2
support. OS/2 was quite popular in Germany during 1993-1995.

But the point is: I tried to design FPC in a way which makes it cross
platform and avoids platform specific stuff. At least as far as I
understood things at this time ;)