On 2017-06-15 02:40, James Richters wrote:
That is what I thought should happen, but I put {$DEFINE
AGG2D_USE_FREETYPE}

I don't know why the define isn't making it to the unit.  Do I need
to do something else?

Compiler defines defined with the $DEFINE directive is per unit only.

That is why I said you must put it in your Project's Compiler Settings instead using your IDE of choice (or via the command line when calling fpc.exe binary). That way the define is active for all units of your project.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/