On 17 Mar, Michael Rich wrote:
>> My last check in was at Fri Mar 17 4:22:41 2000 (GMT). Which is about
>> 40 minutes ago...
>
> I updated my code and it still seems to be working just fine.  Both the
> Amorphis and Arch Enemy MP3s decoded nicely into WAV files.  The
> StuffFourChars function you added is exactly what I was thinking was needed
> to replace that windows function, however is it really safe to return that
> pointer to the local dest variable?

I'm returning the value of the pointer, not the pointer itself, so
everything is ok.

> Bad news though, the DirectSound output plugin didn't work at all on my
> system, all i got was silence.  Has anything changed with it to make it not
> work any longer?

I changed the way the volume works -- I'm using the same code that the
normal soundcard uses to control volume.

Can both of you mess with the volume slider and see if adjusting it
will help? Does the soundcard volume work ok?

--

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert