> I just loaded up the 2.0.5 release and select the DSound plugin.  I get no
> sound whatsoever, the volume bar is locked at 100 and i can't move it at
> all.  If I try to move the seek bar, it keeps resetting to the beginning
and
> starts playing again.  Never have I heard a single note from the sound.

Ok, the changes to the volume I made are in CVS, not in 2.0.5. Check out
branch-2-0-6-devel to get at my changes.

> More bad news.  FreeAmp did not close after I clicked the [x].  It
> disappears, but it still shown as running in Task Manager, so I have to do
> an End Task to get rid of it.
>
> This was simular to what happened to me when I ran WinNT4.0 & SB Live! at
> home, so it maybe related to the drivers to, but I never have had a
problem
> with the regular audio plugin, so it really has to be related to the
dsound
> plugin.

I've seen this happen before but I can't reproduce it on a consistent basis.

People have been reporting various problems with regards to the DirectSound
plugin -- I don't know much about DirectSound so I don't know what's wrong.
If you guys have some spare time, could you guys please look into it?

--ruaok         Freezerburn! All else is only icing. -- Soul Coughing

Robert Kaye -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://moon.eorbit.net/~robert