> I'm returning the value of the pointer, not the pointer itself, so
> everything is ok.

Your right, i overlooked that.

> I changed the way the volume works -- I'm using the same code that the
> normal soundcard uses to control volume.
>
> Can both of you mess with the volume slider and see if adjusting it
> will help? Does the soundcard volume work ok?

I just loaded up the 2.0.5 release and select the DSound plugin.  I get no
sound whatsoever, the volume bar is locked at 100 and i can't move it at
all.  If I try to move the seek bar, it keeps resetting to the beginning and
starts playing again.  Never have I heard a single note from the sound.

Different system this time:

Dell Dimension XPS R400
256M RAM
400 P2
Windows NT 4.0 SP5
CrystalWare Built-in Audio (and the driver is from Dell website)
DirectX 3.0

mike