> My last check in was at Fri Mar 17 4:22:41 2000 (GMT). Which is about
> 40 minutes ago...

I updated my code and it still seems to be working just fine.  Both the
Amorphis and Arch Enemy MP3s decoded nicely into WAV files.  The
StuffFourChars function you added is exactly what I was thinking was needed
to replace that windows function, however is it really safe to return that
pointer to the local dest variable?

Bad news though, the DirectSound output plugin didn't work at all on my
system, all i got was silence.  Has anything changed with it to make it not
work any longer?

For reference, here's my system stats:

Windows 2000 Pro
2x450Mhz CPUs
dsound.dll reports version of 5.00.2165.0001 [final retail]
DirectX version is 7.0
RAM, 192M
Video: TNT2
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live! Value
Sound Driver: Stock Windows 2000 driver off CD

mike