On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 04:22:59AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 04:02:52AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > REAL incidents.  Please remember I've been a committer longer you have.
> >
> > This has nothing to do with it, since both of the times you are
> > referring to are well after I became a committer.
>
> Both times??  Where in my original email did I ever refer to just two
> times?

When you only gave references to two occasions, and no mention of
others.

I don't really know how much relevance the admin activities of the
ancient past have - the project has changed a lot since those days, and
the last two times the host key has publically changed there's been
enough discussion of why it needs to be announced that it should have
hopefully had an effect, modulo instances of human weakness when
people genuinely forget to put the old key back after an upgrade.

> It isn't FUD, we have handled this poorly in the past five years.  So
> stop calling me a liar, I know what I've freaking experienced in the
> past.

I didn't call you a liar. I said you were exaggerating the incidence
of inappropriate SSH key handling.

> If you feel I've given the wrong impression, fine.  Just say that, and
> I'll clear up that I'm not saying it is intentionally done if that is
> what people think.  But admit to the lack of care of the past.  What
> happens after the next hardware failure?  Who ever gets the box running
> again, will be glad their work is done, and they will not email out a
> notice.

You are complaining to the wrong audience. Talk to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
not the FreeBSD user community.

Kris

P.S. Please stop dropping the mailing list from the CC list of your
you want to deal with multiple CCs. I can give you one if you like.

PGP signature