On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 08:04:20AM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > You are complaining to the wrong audience. Talk to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> > not the FreeBSD user community.
> >
> I disagree with your statement.
>
> >From what I'm reading, it seems that "the enforcement of policy"
> has been lacking of that current policies need revamping.
>
> If the former is the case, then the new SO has his work
> cut out for him.

It is impossible for you[or anyone not on committers/developers] to:

        1) know the policies
        2) know the specifics of the incidents that are being discussed
        3) have read any of the mail regarding the incidents

The FreeBSD admins do an excellent job and I've never felt insecure
because of their policies. Please end this thread now, it doesn't
belong on the public mailing lists.

> If the later is the case, then his complaint merits attention,
> and immediate action. Mind you I'm not suggesting this
> change. However, one of my counter-proposals to SSH
> (to be given at the talk) is the "enforcement of policy".
> And to wit, if said policy is weak, then the underlying structure
> (or framework) should be expected of similar condition.

I can't find a point in the above paragraph besides "bad stuff
is bad."

--
Bill Fumerola - security yahoo         / Yahoo! inc.
              - [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]