On Feb 25, 2006, at 8:56 PM, Ian Dowse wrote:

They probably used 9600 for the boot blocks, and then switched to
115200 when /boot/loader started, so you didn't notice. Now the
settings from the boot blocks get used by /boot/loader.

Please document this loudly in the UPGRADING file. It caught me totally by surprise that the console speed was now 9600. I thought I lost my serial console since the BIOS was booting up at 115200. If it weren't for the other error (ACPI) keeping the kernel from booting, I would have realized it *before* I drove down to the office late saturday night. See, I needed a serial console to disable part of acpi for debugging.... :-(

Anyhow, please, please document this in UPGRADING so others won't be bitten by it.

Thanks!