Here I am goign to toot the wordpress horn here. If you want to lure new
contributors to freecol including its website wordpress is the way to go
you can also engage the user community through it. Security wise there are
lots of plugins available to protect you and the site. As of version 4.1 i
think it was they have full automated wordpress updates. so any new
versions of wordpress which get released the CMS automatically upgrades
itself as well.

Jonathan Aquilina