On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 14:46:44 +0100 (CET)
Stefan Fellner via Freecol-developers
<freecol-developers@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I have been watching the project quite some time and I want to participate in
> the development process, if you guys are still activly developing.

Activity has been weak this year... here is to a better 2022.

> I can either share the issue list, or I think you are using the SF bug
> reporting, I may also browse through that list, and add or update from my
> list if you wish?

Please merge with the SF bug list.  One issue per report.  We get a lot of
duplicates and it is best to track bugs in one place.

> What do you think about some refactorings, and or introducing some helping
> libs - like lombok?
> I would also fix all "potential NPE" stuff, and remove redundant null-checks.

I doubt anyone is opposed to useful code refactorings, but we are *way*
overdue to make a release, so the priority should be fix bugs/stabilize
ATM.

> I cloned the SF git master - how is the process here to open a merge request
> / pull request?

Our usual procedure with new contributors is a accept patches on this
list, and after a (very small:-) number of useful patches your SF account
is granted write access.  Here is a suggestion --- I was trying to fix the
TradeRouteInputPanel a while back but ran out of time --- how about you
have a look at that?  It will be hard to make it worse than the broken
state I left it in.

> Usually i would create a branch and open a MR or PR in gitlab / bitbucket. Is
> this also the case for SF?

SF does not have MR/PRs.

> If you want to know anything more about me - just ask :)

Delighted to have an experienced Java developer interested in FreeCol.

Cheers,
Mike Pope