Hi Johnson,

>>there is a fully optimized, 'zero excess code' kernel. it's called
>>2037 unstable for some reason (probably because it's unstable)

> What a great naming ... it's full optimized but unstable?
> Sound a bit weird.
Arkady spend a lot of time to remove any excess code.
Unfortunately he also introduced a couple of bugs.
So the naming is probably correct.

>>> the previous slow accessing problem
>>which ;'previous slow accessing problem' ?

> Slow disk access, FreeDOS is the slowest among EDR-DOS and PTS-DOS ...
WHAT 'slow disk access' (other then Lucho reporting this) ?

FWIW FreeDOS has read access to files close enough to theoretical
throughput.

> etc.
did I ever tell you that I HATE 'etc.'

>>bullshit. most DOS extender programs DO work.

> Since that specific program DO NOT work, that's means something is
> different from MS-DOS prevent it from working.
Sure. but your original post

>> When come to DOS extender or some DOS extender program, FreeDOS
>> usually not work (e.g. Han Chinese System)

mentions 'some DOS extender', 'some program' (don't expect us to know
'Han Chinese System'), has some sort of bug (what sort of bug) (which you
never reported before) and generalizes this to 'FreeDOS usually not work'

I take the right to call this bullshit.

>>people that love this kind of presentation will hardly love (any) DOS,
>>independent of how much marketing you do (unless you do your marketing
>>with a loaded shotgun ;)

> But the DOSBOX is famous, and lot of "stupid people" use it for games.
I don't have a problem with that

> Both are FREE software, why didn't people fire up FreeDOS? The point
> is easier to start a DOSBOX in Windows than a REAL DOS.
If these people are happy with DOSBOX, why would I want to change that
?

Tom