Dear Karen,
there have been many instances in the past where able-bodied and
differently-enabled experts have worked together in the FreeDOS threads for a
common good. I am distressed to have witnessed the escalating discord between
two of such proponents. I too have experienced "acquired disability" (traumatic
head injury in a street attack) so I feel I can empathise with some of the
alienation you feel as a result of being affected by discriminatory events -
both real and imagined.
However I feel that all the actors in this recent debate are definitely in the
same boat to push to a more equitable outcome for all - just that the oars have
become a little tangled.

I also would like to hear more of your voice and experience, and would
appreciate you taking up Bryan Kilgallin's offer to canvas your real-world
insights gained from your technological solutions. I know you have mentioned
such details on these threads in the past, but it would be incredibly
instructional to see it all in one defining document,
Best Wishes :)

Web: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=EMQxfgYAAAAJ