Gary,

I had scanned them prior to posting, but there seem to be no solutions to all of the
problems people have with this configuration.  My impression is that most of the
"gurus" on the list are assuming WAY too much of some of us newbies.  They keep
coming back with the same replies, like "read the faqs, readme, rfc, etc., etc."  But,
that begs the question:  If that's going to be the reply each time, then why even
bother with the list in the first place?  Oh, well.  I am definitely taking a more
indepth
look at the archives, though, as you've suggested.  If nothing else, maybe that will
help me form better questions.  Thanks for the help!

mack