"Mack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My AP requires that I enable 802.1x in order to use RADIUS
> authentication.  So, I figured I'd use EAP-TLS.

  Are you picking it at random, or are youi looking at the features it
offers, and using your requirements to decide on a solution?

>  I'm just testing now...using an XP client, so I chose to use
> EAP-TLS.  I want to use LDAP because that's where our userbase is
> stored (Novell eDirectory).  The idea is to authenticate users via
> LDAP.

  I thought I had been pretty clear in my response: EAP-TLS and LDAP
are mutually incompatible.  Stop trying to get them to work togerther.

>  I'm only using EAP-TLS because the AP won't let me use RADIUS
> otherwise.  Of course, I'm such a newbie that I'm probably getting
> it all wrong.  That's where I was hoping the list would help.

  You should ask about how to solve a problem, rather than asking why
the solution you chose didn't work.

> If you were given my task, how would you go about implementing this?

  I told you.  Go back and read my message.

  If you could describe a problem, I might be able to come up with an
alternate solution.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html