Gary,

I didn't recognize any services as being a wireless network card manager.  Didn't see
anything in add/remove, either.  Where/how did you find yours?

Thanks for clueing me in on the meaning of "ymmv"!

I'll keep digging around for more information on my problem.  BTW...did you have a
chance to look at the output I attached?  If so, what's your interpretation?

thanks,
mack