Alan,

At your request, I'll try to reformat this so that it is presented as a
problem/challenge
rather than a "why doesn't my solution work" post:

Problem:
My AP is a 3com 7250.  It requires that you enable 802.1x on itself, the client, and
the radius server if you want to use the radius server as the "authentication" server.

My understanding is that 802.1x requires EAP-something.  I chose EAP-TLS
because my client is stock XP and my understanding is that EAP-TLS is my only
option with that client.

My boss asked me if it was possible to authenticate our wireless users against
Novell's eDirectory (LDAP).  He did not specifically require 802.1x/EAP-anything.
The only reason I'm using 802.1x/EAP is because the AP requires it.

I have successfully implemented EAP-TLS authentication between the client, AP,
and freeradius.  Now I am attempting to "add" LDAP authentication, but have not
been successful.

I can provide any configs/logs if needed.

Solution:
None so far.  Anyone have any suggestions/comments?  What would ya'll do in my
position?

thanks,
mack