Hello Bruce,

The sequence we used is called Turbo field Echo, I need to check it again.

I checked our scanning protocol, found that we did have marker on the subjects'
forehead. I generate the right hippocampus from freesurfer, overlay with
orig.nii (from orig.mgz), the overlay shows that the subject's right side is
the right side in freesurfer's statistical report. It means that our left side
is bigger than the right side. This result consitently appears on our other
subjects data.

I extract the hippocampus left side mask in this way:

mri_binarize --i aseg.mgz --match 17 --o hippo_left.nii

The label for right side is 53. Anything wrong for what I used?

Also, I used asegstats2table --subject s1 s2... --meas volume --tablefile
stats.txt to get the statistical report.

If we accept the low corelation between manual and auto segmentation, how can
we explain that the left side is bigger than the right side?

I hope your help. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Aize