Hi Sima,

you should also make sure that the surfaces are visually accurate (that is, the white and pial surfaces lie at the true boundaries). If that's the case then either 03 or one of the 05s is the next best. For the distributions, you can use the aparc+aseg.mgz to extract the correct voxel indices in matlab, then plot the distributions of the norm.mgz with hist.