Hi Jie,

what hardware are you using? Is it a 64 bit operating system?

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011, Liukarl wrote:

Hello, Freesurfer experts:

I am new to freesurfer and try to
install the newest version of freesurfer in Ubuntu system. I closely
followed the instructions, and the only difference is that I
installed it in my Documents, instead of local folder.

Below is the output after ¡°source
$FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreeSurfer.sh¡±

--------
freesurfer-Linux-centos4-stable-pub-v5.0.0 --------

Setting up environment for
FreeSurfer/FS-FAST (and FSL)

FREESURFER_HOME
/home/jie/Documents/freesurfer/

FSFAST_HOME
/home/jie/Documents/freesurfer//fsfast

FSF_OUTPUT_FORMAT nii

SUBJECTS_DIR
/home/jie/Documents/freesurfer//subjects

MNI_DIR
/home/jie/Documents/freesurfer//mni

Everything seems fine and I also added
the .license file to the freesurfer folder.

But when I test it by ¡°tkmedit bert
orig.mgz¡±, it reponds ¡°Illegal instruction¡±

If I type in ¡°recon-all¡±, it will
show

¡° Required Arguments:

  -subjid <subjid>

  -<process directive>¡­...
¡±
and the other arguments.

How to fix the problem and make
Fressurfer run? Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Jie