Actually I have the same question - does the thalamus proper include LGN ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas N Greve" <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
To: "Tetiana Dadakova" <tetian...@gmail.com>
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2011 12:28:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] what is thalamus-proper and clusters-table related
question

I'm not sure about #1, maybe BF can chime in.

Tetiana Dadakova wrote:
> Dear FS list,
>
> 1. What does a label Thalamus Proper include? Is it the same as thalamus?
>
> 2. After correcting for multiple comparisons, I get a table of
> clusters. I have several questions regarding this table: What do the
> columns Max, CWPLow, and CWPHigh represent?
  1. CWP - cluster-wise pvalue. The pvalue of the cluster corrected for
     multiple comparisons
  2. CWPLow - lower 90% confidence limit of CWP based on binomial
distribution
  3. CWPHi  - upper 90% confidence limit of CWP based on binomial
distribution

> Regarding the NVtxs
> column: is it the number of vertexes in cluster?
Yes
> What kind of information can I get from this value?
It is not very informative so don't feel like you have to use it. It is
good for assuring that the software is doing the right thing.
> If two clusters have different areas but the same number of vertexes, does it
> mean something?

It means that the area of the component triangles that make up the
vertices is different.

doug
> Thank you very much for your help and for your time,
> Tanja.

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu