Dear. Bruce.

Thank you for your advice.
I think I misunderstood what you meant.

What I did is this.
I showed the contrast result on a surface by using the command:
tksurfer-sess -s $SUBJECT -df sessdirfile -hemi lh -analysis retino
-contrast HorVer

Then I cut line, and then plane (occipital plane) and save it(3d) as
lh.oc.patch.3d under $SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/surf/

I'm not sure if I regenerated the surface files correctly but I believe I
created the surface($SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/surf directory) from recon-all
process.

Should I do something else to regenerate the surface?

Thank you.

Best,
Ji Won