mri_surf2surf will do it, but you are probably better off going directly to
fsaverage rather than downsampling and upsampling

-----Original Message-----
From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Tim Schäfer
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 9:00 AM
To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in the HCP format

        External Email - Use Caution

I can't telt you how to get your data from 16k fsaverage to the full 162k
fsaverage mesh, but once you have the full fsaverage version, to convert to
gifti, just do:

  mri_convert yourfile.mgh yourfile.func.gii

Best,

Tim

> On June 19, 2020 at 1:10 PM "Glasser, Matthew" <glass...@wustl.edu> wrote:
>

>         External Email - Use Caution
>
> The appropriate GIFTI extension for that would be .func.gii.  What fsaverage#
> space is that?  Hopefully FreeSurfer provides a tool to convert that to GIFTI
> in full resolution fsaverage space and from there we can help you get it to
> CIFTI in fs_LR.
>
> Matt.
>
> From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Katsumi,
> Yuta" <ykats...@mgh.harvard.edu>
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 10:43 PM
> To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in the
> HCP format
>

> Hi Matt,
>
> For instance, I have a statistical map (e.g., showing magnitude of functional
> connectivity at each vertex) that has been computed in 16k fsaverage space
> that I want to display on a fs_LR surface. I was wondering if there’s a way
> to convert this file (which is in .mgh extension now) to .dscalar so it’d be
> CIFTI/wb compatible.
>
> Thanks,
> Yuta
>
> From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Glasser,
> Matthew" <glass...@wustl.edu>
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 10:37 PM
> To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in the
> HCP format
>

>         External Email - Use Caution
> What kind of data does one display in an “OVERLAY” file?
>
> Matt.
>
> From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of "Katsumi,
> Yuta" <ykats...@mgh.harvard.edu>
> Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 5:43 PM
> To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
> Subject: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in the HCP
> format
>

> Dear FreeSurfer community,
>
> I would like to be able to display OVERLAY files generated in FreeSurfer on a
> surface in the HCP’s Workbench (e.g., on fs_LR surf.gii). The HCP team states
> in their documentation
> (https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/PublicData/HCP+Users+FAQ#HCPUsersFAQ-9.HowdoImapdatabetweenFreeSurferandHCP?)
>  that any surfaces to be converted to fs_LR need to be in .gii first, but I
> know mris_convert doesn’t take overlay files as input. It would be great if
> you could please let me know how I might be able to achieve this task.
>
> Thanks,
> Yuta

> The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected
> Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature. If you are
> not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure,
> [...]

Dr. Tim Schäfer
Postdoc Computational Neuroimaging
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy
University Hospital Frankfurt, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Germany