get to fs_LR:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiyj9jetI7qAhWNVs0KHR5gCtEQFjABegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.humanconnectome.org%2Fdownload%2Fattachments%2F63078513%2FResampling-FreeSurfer-HCP_5_8.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0PXEiAKfGjdiN2DJcF7nuI

Matt.

On 6/19/20, 10:04 AM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
Fischl, Bruce" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
bfis...@mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

    * External Email - Caution *

    In general almost all of our binaries will read or write almost all formats
we support. There are some exceptions to this, but it is generally true

    Cheers
    Bruce

    -----Original Message-----
    From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Katsumi, Yuta
    Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 9:42 AM
    To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
    Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in the HCP
format

    Thanks, Tim and Matt. I made a typo earlier - I meant to say that my
overlay files are already in full fsaverage space with ~164k vertices.

    I also thought that mri_convert doesn’t take .gii as output, but the
command that Tim suggested below does indeed seem to work.

    Thanks,
    Yuta

    On 6/19/20, 9:05 AM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
Glasser, Matthew" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
glass...@wustl.edu> wrote:

                External Email - Use Caution

        Is GIFTI a legal output type for mri_convert? I though it only could be
outputted by mris_convert (which does appear to allow .mgh and .gii).

        Matt.

        On 6/19/20, 8:00 AM, "freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf
of Tim Schäfer" <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu on behalf of
ts...@rcmd.org> wrote:

            * External Email - Caution *

                    External Email - Use Caution

            I can't telt you how to get your data from 16k fsaverage to the
full 162k fsaverage mesh, but once you have the full fsaverage version, to
convert to gifti, just do:

              mri_convert yourfile.mgh yourfile.func.gii

            Best,

            Tim

            > On June 19, 2020 at 1:10 PM "Glasser, Matthew"
<glass...@wustl.edu> wrote:

            >         External Email - Use Caution
            >
            > The appropriate GIFTI extension for that would be .func.gii.
What fsaverage# space is that?  Hopefully FreeSurfer provides a tool to convert
that to GIFTI in full resolution fsaverage space and from there we can help you
get it to CIFTI in fs_LR.

"Katsumi, Yuta" <ykats...@mgh.harvard.edu>
            > Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 10:43 PM
            > To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
            > Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in
the HCP format

            > Hi Matt,
            >
            > For instance, I have a statistical map (e.g., showing magnitude
of functional connectivity at each vertex) that has been computed in 16k
fsaverage space that I want to display on a fs_LR surface. I was wondering if
there’s a way to convert this file (which is in .mgh extension now) to .dscalar
so it’d be CIFTI/wb compatible.

            > Thanks,
            > Yuta
            >
            > From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of
"Glasser, Matthew" <glass...@wustl.edu>
            > Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 10:37 PM
            > To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
            > Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in
the HCP format

            >         External Email - Use Caution
            > What kind of data does one display in an “OVERLAY” file?
            >
            > Matt.
            >
            > From: <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of
"Katsumi, Yuta" <ykats...@mgh.harvard.edu>
            > Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 5:43 PM
            > To: Freesurfer support list <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
            > Subject: [Freesurfer] Visualization of FreeSurfer overlays in the
HCP format

            > Dear FreeSurfer community,
            >
            > I would like to be able to display OVERLAY files generated in
FreeSurfer on a surface in the HCP’s Workbench (e.g., on fs_LR surf.gii). The
HCP team states in their documentation
(https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/PublicData/HCP+Users+FAQ#HCPUsersFAQ-9.HowdoImapdatabetweenFreeSurferandHCP?)
 that any surfaces to be converted to fs_LR need to be in .gii first, but I
know mris_convert doesn’t take overlay files as input. It would be great if you
could please let me know how I might be able to achieve this task.

            > Thanks,
            > Yuta
            >
            > ________________________________
            > The materials in this message are private and may contain
Protected Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature. If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use,
disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail.

            Dr. Tim Schäfer
            Postdoc Computational Neuroimaging
            Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and
Psychotherapy
            University Hospital Frankfurt, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main,
Germany