Hi Dan,

You could do either one. I would recommend the mass univariate for multiple
independent test with the same design.

Best, Martin

On 26. Jun 2024, at 17:20, Dan Levitas <djlevitas...@gmail.com> wrote:

I recently performed an LME longitudinal mass-univariate (surface) analysis and
am now trying to do something similar, but with subcortical (aseg) ROIs instead.

I first created an aseg table with the following command:
 asegstats2table \
--sd $subjects_dir \
--qdec-long /path/to/long.qdec.table.dat \
--segno 4 10 11 12 17 18 26 43 49 50 51 53 54 58 251 253 255 \
--stats aseg.stats \
--tablefile $output_file

The LME tutorial
(https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/LinearMixedEffectsModels) provides
information and examples of both a univariate and mass-univariate approach.
While univariate seems most appropriate in this case, the example details
design matrix setup and testing of a single ROI (hippocampus), whereas I would
like to assess several subcortical ROIs.

Would I simply create a loop structure to set up design matrices for each ROI
(both hemispheres) and test them individually, or can I perform a
mass-univariate approach to assess all ROIs at once?

Thanks,

Dan