On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:23:31PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> o add some info to the info area for directories, too

I haven't been able to think of anything useful for those. I don't
like the disk space indicator stuff, because I don't like stuff that
makes you think "computer" since I'm trying to design for an
"appliance"

> o add a <title> area with visible="idlebar". It does nothing when you
>   use the idlebar, but it shows the title when not (it looks kind of
>   empty for me on the top)

I can do that... would it be just like this?

     <title visible="not idlebar" layout="title0" x="10" y="10"
     width="780" height="60"/>

> And it looks like noone likes my image listing view :-(. BTW, there is
> a bug in the skin engine. Some runtime values already have a 'min' in
> the name, so sometimes I see this twice. We should think of a
> solution.

Well, I hardcoded 'min' in there, but I imagine some FXD files may
have it. Though, I've never been able to get the runtime out of an FXD
file (or the title)

(See my email about "Open Issues" for that)

The problem with the image views for me is that it's easier to read
then it is to recognize an image. For albums, it would be ideal to
have a mixture:

[       ]  Artist
[ cover ]  Album (Year)
[       ]  Total Playtime

And browse through those multi-line items...

> And do you have a nice idea for the audio and image menu, too?

For the audio yes, image, not exactly. For audio, I just want to show
directory properties, but while I've written an "mp3 dir" function, I
don't know if it'll be fast enough.

For the image menu, I'm not too sure.