Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 10:23:31PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> o add some info to the info area for directories, too
>
> I haven't been able to think of anything useful for those. I don't
> like the disk space indicator stuff, because I don't like stuff that
> makes you think "computer" since I'm trying to design for an
> "appliance"

But at least the name, you also print the name in the info area for
video files. What about new attributes to reflect the number of files
or subdirs?

>> o add a <title> area with visible="idlebar". It does nothing when you
>>   use the idlebar, but it shows the title when not (it looks kind of
>>   empty for me on the top)
>
> I can do that... would it be just like this?
>
>      <title visible="not idlebar" layout="title0" x="10" y="10"
>      width="780" height="60"/>

yes

>> And it looks like noone likes my image listing view :-(. BTW, there is
>> a bug in the skin engine. Some runtime values already have a 'min' in
>> the name, so sometimes I see this twice. We should think of a
>> solution.
>
> Well, I hardcoded 'min' in there, but I imagine some FXD files may
> have it. Though, I've never been able to get the runtime out of an FXD
> file (or the title)
>
> (See my email about "Open Issues" for that)

See my answer on that. The attr 'runtime' _always_ contains min now.

> The problem with the image views for me is that it's easier to read
> then it is to recognize an image. For albums, it would be ideal to
> have a mixture:
>

> [       ]  Artist
> [ cover ]  Album (Year)
> [       ]  Total Playtime
>
> And browse through those multi-line items...

Nice idea.

> For the image menu, I'm not too sure.

IMHO the image menu cries out loud for an image listing like noia.

/dev/brain0 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced:
e2fsck 1.14, 9-Jan-1999 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
e2fsck: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read
while trying to open /dev/brain0
Could this be a zero-length partition?