Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 07:49:30PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> I guess you shouldn't add it to directory, since it's tv
>> specific. What about inherit a class from Directory in the file where
>> the recordered show dir is added? Makes it cleaner I think.
>
> I suppose it could work that way, but I don't want it just for
> directories, I can do that easily with the skins. I want it for item
> type="dir" and item type="menuitem"

But I don't like it in item.py. In fact, it is no attribute of an
item, it's just a function call. So I added function calls support in
info_area.py. There is a dict at the top of the page, comingup points
to the function. And I changed 'cominup' in your skin to
'function:comingup'. That's cleaner I think.

BTW, I have a small bug in the skin. I don't have RECORD_DIR set, so
Freevo sets it to the first item in VIDEO_ITEMS. That dir has an image
and a description in the folder.fxd. This looks kind of stupid with
your skin (image over the comingup). But you can't remove the image
because you need it when you browse the recorded shows. What about we
change the type of the tv main menu from 'tv' to e.g. 'tv main', so
you can set the info area for the two menus seperate.

>> You need to change drawstringframed in osd I guess.
>
> I think drawstringframed is supposed tos, but as far as I can tell,
> it's not working anymore. It says that it does in the osd.py
>
> '- string: the string to be drawn. Supports '\n' and '\t' too.'

The comment is from Gustavo who wrote the first version of
drawstringframed. Since I rewrote the whole function, this may not be
correct anymore.

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's
warm for the rest of his life."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Jingo)