Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:10:35PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> I guess type="menu item" doesn't work. The big question is, what does
>> the item.type of the item say? IIRC the code scans for item.type and
>> item.handle_type.
>
> That's what I thought to do, just stick a print in there and see what
> it says :)

One idea. I don't really understand where you want to put that info,
but you can also add an infoitem to a menu. If you set this, the info
area will _always_ use that item and not the selected one.

> I wrote the "comingup" function last night, and putting it in won't be
> much different than how totalspace() works.
>
>>  [       ]  Artist 1
>>  [ cover ]  Album 1 (Year)
>>  [       ]  Total Playtime 1
>>
>> I'm afraid that's not possible right now. You can only have one info
>> area and it will show the current item. Maybe we can extend the
>> listing area to do that. But we deal with that when you need it.
>
> That's exactly how I picture it...  I'm not there yet, but that's a
> bigger one so I might end up doing the pictures first.

Yes, you want a listing area which includes more than one info area.

>> > I've been looking at iPhoto on my Mac which has a very intuitive
>> > interface for browsing images. IT uses the thumbnails so that's a good
>> > thing, but it has a toolbar on the bottom with some functions (play,
>> > left, right, etc.)
>>
>> We never have a toolbar. Do you think we should add one?
>
> This screenshot of the player interface is small, but should give an
> idea:
> http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/images/slideshowcontrols01062004.jpg
>
> Also, this:
> http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/images/indexcallouts01062004.jpg
>
> (The only part of this shot that seems relevant though is the white
> part with the pictures... the side and bottom bars aren't useful for a
> TV since they need a mouse to get much out of them)

I still don't understand where you want to have that toolbox. In the
menu? The viewer? How to select an item?

/* After several hours of tedious analysis, the following hash
 * function won.  Do not mess with it... -DaveM
 */
        2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/buffer.c