Dirk Meyer wrote:
I don't think it's too much to ask for the user to get the mplayer
somewhere else. There are many sites where you can get a fully working
mplayer or xine -- but not at USA, German, France, ... server. I don't
like the law, but I think we should respect it (the same we we want
others to resepect the GPL).

I would suggest the following: distribute Freevo with everything
needed except Mplayer and Xine. Give the users a pointer where to
download these two programs (like Xine does where to get binaries).

This would also save me lots of work building the runtime (get new CVS versions of things, apply patches, etc, etc, release, test, repeat...), which occasionally takes up 1-2 weeks of my time when it could be better used actually developing Freevo.

So what I am saying here is that I would be in favour of this. :)

-Rob