That's a fairly negative reply. I didn't believe anyone was 'argung', indeed
I'm sorry I mentioned the legal aspects at all. Nonetheless your solution is
similar to that I suggested: i.e. simply disable the functionality and make
it reasonably simple for the user to renable it. Just put legal warnings and
diclaimers next to those sections that are worryiing to you. Then you
satisfy everyone's legal concerns and the responsibility for enabling or
disabling certain fetaures lies with the user and with what is considered
legal in their country.

If that sounded like I was arguing with anyone I'm sorry. I genuinely
thought what we were engaged in was a philosophical debate.

As for reporting myself to the police, I think the biggest problem I would
face is that they would just laugh at me. The conversation would at least be
extremely bizzar. I doubt any of them really know what Linux is

Anyway, I'm happy to let the subject drop, as I think its silly it has even
come this far. I think pretty much all of us can agree on the ansolute
supidity of the current sistuation with regard to the legal status of
playing back certain types of media on Linux. Whether you feel the
concequenes are likely to be real or not, it is a bizzar situation that
isn't likely to get any better any time soon.

I don't have any aswers for it either, sorry. At least none beyond what the
majority of Linux users and developers are doing, which is to dismiss it as
not very important.

If you feel it necessary to do otherwise, that is entirely your perogative.