Jody Gugelhupf wrote:
>> The rest of the instructions are correct, You didn't see: Change the 2.X
>> to the correct version of Python.
>
> yes i saw it, but there is no
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo
>
> or
>
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/freevo

This only means that you have never installed freevo, it this is correct
you can do a straight forward install. ie

python setup.py install

If you have installed freevo before then the freevo site-packages could
be in /usr/lib32 /usr/lib64 if you're on a 64 bit system.

Then you do not need to set the PYTHONPATH.

Can you type a freevo prompt and get a python prompt?

> like i said the only directory which has 'site-packages/freevo' includes is
> in the new freevo test
> directory:
>
> /home/jody/freevo-test/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo
>
> correct me if i'm wrong but that is not the same as:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/freevo
>
> so what do you mean exactly? and thx again for the help and patience :)
> katie

If you still don't have any success, please empty the log files, and
restart the web server and go to the index page. Then send the webserver
and main logs and a copy of you local_conf.py

Duncan