Jody Gugelhupf wrote:
> hi again =)
>
>> No, you must have a site-packages/freevo directory somewhere.
>>
>> try either:
>> locate site-packages
>> or
>> find / -type d -name site-packages
>
> tried both and yes i have 'site-packages' directories, but no
> 'site-packages/freevo' ones, no
> where except in the new 'freevo-test'
>

>> Can you type a ./bin/freevo prompt and get the python prompt?
>
> yes i do get it:
>
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May  2 2007, 16:56:35)
> [GCC 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)] on linux2
>

>> Try doing a svn update in the freevo source directory, when you run
>> freevo you should now get a main.X.log.log file and set in local_conf.py:
>> LOGGING = logging.DEBUG
>> In the main.X.log.log, you will now see the svn revision number and
>> timestamps, which will help when debugging problems.
>
> after svn updating freevo and adding to the 'local_conf.py' LOGGING =
> logging.DEBUG
> i get this when i wanna start it now:
>
> ~/freevo-test$ ./bin/freevo
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/freevo/main.py", line 57, in
> <module>
>     import config
>   File "/usr/share/python-support/python-freevo/freevo/config.py", line 456,
> in <module>
>     execfile(os.environ['FREEVO_CONFIG'], globals(), locals())
>   File "/home/funky1/freevo-test/share/freevo/freevo_config.py", line 1968,
> in <module>
>     LOGGING = logging.WARNING
> NameError: name 'logging' is not defined

At last we are getting somewhere, it looks like Ubuntu  uses
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/freevo for the freevo sources so move
this directory out on the way and the other just to be safe.

mv /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/freevo \
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/freevo.backup
mv /usr/share/python-support/python-freevo/freevo \
/usr/share/python-support/python-freevo/freevo.backup

If your PYTHONPATH is correct you should be able to run the previous
instructions.

./bin/freevo prompt
etc.

If the PYTHONPATH is incorrect then you will get an error message.

Duncan