Absolutely!   And 'ontological coding', as you call it, of the beginning
and end of physical continuities of events is one of the 'natural
categories' that can be marked with measurable confidence.  That leads
to also marking the transitions between the different types of flow in
complex physical systems too, that I find helps more than most things.

I'll have to try OpenCyc to have any clear idea what it's for.   What's
the productive question it asks?

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]