Hmmmm... what does that mean?   The model of evolution I observe working
in both natural systems and in designed systems is "exploration at the
fringe"   What that means depends on the system involved, but the
invariant is a high degree of organizational invariance in the core and
a low degree on the leading edge.  There's got to be a few other parts
there too, I suppose, but first things first.

When I do a search with Google I see very little 'intelligence' of that
kind in the results.  There appears to be some statistical weighting,
but the 'intelligence' of the results seems to depend entirely on
whether my word combination captures the concept I'm looking for.   I
don't believe that's definable by any means I know of yet.   Would you
agree, or are you using a tool that somehow comes back with what I would
have 'meant' to say if I had only known how other people refer to the
subject...?

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]