Robert Holmes wrote:
> There's an enormous pulse in greenhouse gases when the reservoir is
> flooded and trees and vegetation rot. In some cases this represents
> more lifetime emissions than if you'd been running an oil or gas plant.
I wonder in how many cases?   Seems like it would greatly depend on
geography, e.g. in the vicinity of Hoover and Aswan there would be
relatively less to rot than in Brazil.
Even the area around Grand Coulee is sort of the same sort of terrain as
New Mexico.   In the other cases, at least the trees could be harvested.