There are different loves and only one word for them all. Maybe someone's is
better than mine, but, please, don't burn me like
Giordano Bruno at the stake :-) --Mikhail

----- Original Message -----
  From: Owen Densmore
  To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
  Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:57 PM
  Subject: [FRIAM] Confessions of a Mathemechanic.

  OK. I now confess it: I love math, and feel its a great, very concrete
  (hence mechanical) way to work out things, to understand and press
  on.  I have not yet found its peer.

  Many among us, apparently, feel math is somehow lacking and are
  building up a fortress to defend against it.

  I am not of that persuasion.  Its a tool, and a good one.

  No one who accepts mathematics as it is, however, considers it a point
  of philosophy.  We do not argue about it, we try to grasp it.

  Arguing about it is for those of us who cannot understand it.

      -- Owen