glen e. p. ropella wrote:
I'm denying that they _are_ rights. And no amount of [..] stamping about shouting about "what should be" will change that.

To me -- to the extent the concept of `rights' is meaningful -- `rights' are the just kind of entitlements that when restricted, either 1) result in the granters of the entitlements being removed from power, or 2) increasingly strict controls on privilege being imposed such that no competing groups can gain power. If there are no rights, there can be no perception of legitimate power...

Marcus