Apparently the quote is an appended version of a passage that appeared in
MLK's book _Strength to Love_:

http://books.google.com/books?id=errxX4tzSMcC&pg=PA53#v=onepage&q&f=false

How it joined the first sentence is not clear.  A facebook post has been
credited:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/05/anatomy-of-a-fake-quotation/238257/

But I prefer to think that the amalgam originated here:

http://christianhomekeeper.org/blog/i-will-not-rejoice/

Best,
Shawn