On reflection of Owen's thread hygiene around hijacking, etc., I have to wonder about the implications of what I want to call "memetic drift". We start with a topic, and at some point it has wandered enough to qualify for a new subject... but it is not always obvious when it deserved a new Subject: line.

I believe I am as guilty as most for this form of slow hijacking... the vehicle (thread) is not abruptly taken by force and driven off in some totally different direction than it's original route plan suggested, instead it is seduced iteratively into taking us to Havana.

To stretch the metaphor from hijacking to kidnapping, are we all the Patty Hearsts of our own discussions?

- Steve