There are two (at least) sides to the uncertainty issue. One (the one I was
reacting to) is the claim by Republicans that if only Obama would be more
business friendly, businesses would feel more certain  would hire more
people, and would solve all our unemployment problem. I think that's a lot
of BS.

The other, which is what I suppose Eric is talking about, is about people
acting differently depending on how certain they feel. That seems like a
perfectly reasonable thing to say, almost tautological in fact.

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
*  blog: *http://russabbott.blogspot.com/
  vita:  http://sites.google.com/site/russabbott/