Glen (as typical) raises a good question what the purpose and thrust of
this forum is.

If you even know.

A few scientists have even said that one of the truly awesome things about
science is they "question everything".

And there's been a theory that weather patterns are influenced somewhat by

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saros_(astronomy)

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1306/1306.0451.pdf

For what it's worth Neil De Grasse Tyson at one time noted on a Bill Myre
(however it's spelled) talk He's conflicted if the perceived changes are
part of a greater weather pattern,-
Or if it's related to humans doing they're thing.