Gil -

I think it takes a certain perspective and maybe training to be a proper "Skeptic".

I think as far as the Saros thing goes, I can imagine it having an effect on annual weather patterns with periods relevant to the periods of the sun/moon/earth alignments but those are on the scale of years and decades.  Climate change is on the scale of decades and centuries and millenia.   Saros-effect weather/climate should be detectible in the historical record... I don't think most of the current artifacts of climate change fit that pattern.  But I could be wrong, I don't study it closely.

I  *am* skeptical of many of the details of anthropogenic climate change (pro and con), but around 2000 I used *another* rule of thumb that governs my every day life.  If the stakes are high enough, err on the "safe" side and establish "failsafes" wherever possible.   When walking along a narrow ridge with sheer drops on both sides, I am *very* careful and try always to have a contingency plan such that if I trip, I fall in a stable configuration on top of the ridge.   Climate deniers, in my opinion, are not only ignoring the precipice nearby but all but trying to shove others (third world, poverty, etc.) over that edge because in their mind, *they* can use their wealth/privilege to avoid the worst of the consequences.   *they* (we) are walking the highwire with a net while 90% of the world does not have that net.

- Steve
@Steve
yeah I don't know that a person can stay sane and constantly question what they do.
The maxim can probably be taken many different ways. Personally I take it in a playfull, happy-go-lucky kind of way of
Kind of like OOH I wonder how (Coffe for example) works? OOOH it's black and with a pinch of suger tastey, And OOOh that's how it works.

As to the Saros system, I mentioned because supposedly at one time it was thought it might be one piece of why the weather and climate do what they do.  From what I gather the idea is then that if this system somehow leads to weather and climate patterns it'd be why the weather and climate are generally cold or warm

Just tossing it out there for Nicks forum as it was one of  the Bazzilian ways to (possibly) explain why the weather and climate might be doing what ever it is they do.