In reaction to Nick's question, I re-installed VM (https://launchpad.net/vm),
which I used to use.  I think you used gnus, but maybe RMAIL... I used to
generate digests to store or forward various threads and such back when I used
VM.  It doesn't seem to work the way I remember it, though.  I _almost_
reinstalled it awhile back in order to collect my own posts for programming
MegaHAL to create geprbot.  But I got lazy and used sed instead.

All that to say, I'm ... about ... this ... close ... to going back to emacs
for my mail client.  Luckily nobody cares enough about my time to schedule it
for me.

--
␦glen?