> And to Ralf:
>
> I see your long discussions over past few years, so what's current
> status?  We still have a disagreement about texbreak, breqn, or
> fricas native breaking domain?

I don't understand. I do not see a "fricas native breaking domains".
That would be the task of the output formatter(s), but I don't think it
was planned that breaking formulas should be inside the formatter. Well,
it somehow is for the 2d-formatter ")set output algebra on", but that
code is written in BOOT and I don't want to touch it.

Breaking formulas in (La)TeX is a nontrivial task. breqn does it on the
LaTeX level. texbreak, however, is a program that is pretty much
tailored for the current TexFormatter in FriCAS. If tex.spad is changed
(as I did to output LaTeX instead of TeX), texbreak becomes useless (or
has to be changed accordingly). I didn't want to touch texbreak and
rather outsource the task to breqn or mathjax, i.e., texbreak is dead
for me.

In fact, I don't know what to do wrt TeX, I haven't even tried whether
TeXmacs showst

integrate(sqrt(x^2+1)/(x^4+1), x)

reasonably well.

Nevertheless, my tex.spad can certainly be tailored easily just before a
formula is formatted so that this formula gets a special treatment to
show better. However, for general nice LaTeX output that breaks
automatically like a human, I currently see no chance.

Ralf