On 05/30/2016 08:29 AM, oldk1331 wrote:
>  >  I don't understand. I do not see a "fricas native breaking domains".
>
> What I meant is that I remember Waldek said he wanted such
> domains as a solution.

I don't think that this is the task of FriCAS. Where would you break a
TeX-Equation? The only think that FriCAS could do is to insert
breakpoints suggestions so that the latex processor would have a better
chance to break in the right place. That FriCAS would compute the width
of tex boxes is not the right thing in my opinion.

> So, the reason your latex output mode is not commited is that
> texbreak is used on wiki and we won't break it?

No. I think the reason is that my package is GPL3 and I have no
intention to change it. It can happily live as a contributed extension
in source form.

> Summing-up:
> 1. tex + texbreak.  currently using.  no one wants to maintain it.

And right so. ;-)

> 2. latex + breqn.  latex output is nicer, but breqn not always working.

Yes. And there are some bugfixes in my package.

> 3. a tex breaking domain, implementing similar or better algorithms
>      used in breqn.  This should be the best solution, but no one has
>      done it.

Correct. And I also think that this is a hard thing to do. Not that you
would probably prefer

  (long formula) / (other formula)

 over

  \frac{long formula}{other formula}

in certain situation. The same happens for \sqrt{long formula}. In the
\sqrt case one would probably try to break the formula inside so that it
fits the width of a page. But then imagine you have

\sqrt{long} + \sqrt{\frac{long}{long}}

How would you automatically distribute the width that each summand gets?
Maybe with properly breaking inside \sqrt the whole sum fits in one
line. I wouldn't want to decide for the user's taste. I don't really
think that this is a computer algebra task.

Ralf