----- Original Message -----
Sent: February 11, 2000 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: The Bill of Gates fallacy

[snip]

In this way may evolve a rationale for paying people for consuming. This is where some similarity with the Tobin tax perhaps becomes most explicit. We may see emerge what some writers have already anticipated: micropayments on numerous purchases, i.e. payments based on bits of information. While individually miniscule, in the aggregate the pay out may be substantial.

I think we should also be paid when we do the corporation's work for them--as in self-serve gas stations, wading through voice menus, and the soon-to-come automated supermarket checkout.