From: Victor Milne
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: The Bill of Gates fallacy
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2000 12:22AM

 ----- Original Message -----
From: Bob McDaniel
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: February 11, 2000 6:58 PM

[snip]

In this way may evolve a rationale for paying people for consuming. This is
where some similarity with the Tobin tax perhaps becomes most explicit. We
may see emerge what some writers have already anticipated: micropayments on
numerous purchases, i.e. payments based on bits of information. While
individually miniscule, in the aggregate the pay out may be substantial.

I think we should also be paid when we do the corporation's work for
them--as in self-serve gas stations, wading through voice menus, and the
soon-to-come automated supermarket checkout.