Brad, a couple of years ago I tried to explore the whole question of the
persecution of the Jews.  You can find it at:
http://members.eisa.com/~ec086636/christians&jews.htm  .

The subject of how the Jews were treated is a little painful for me because
my parents were from central Europe.  My dad was ethnically German, my
mother Polish.  When I was very young, we lived in a German speaking
community in rural Saskatchewan.  Slandering the Jews and blaming all of the
woes of the world on them was as commonplace as breathing.  Many of the
people around me would gladly have helped Hitler move the Jews to the gas
chambers.  However, others would have helped and harboured them.  Ever so
much depended on peoples' backgrounds.

Ed Weick

> Ed Weick wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > I don't know if ordinary citizens should be responsible for their
leaders
> > war crimes.  I've read Daniel Goldhagen's "Hitler's Willing
Executioners",