Arthur Cordell wrote:
> The challenge is to "redefine profitablity"  Who does it?  How is it done?

State and NGOs.  I think the "data" is basically there.

> Where do the funds come from to pay for non-profitable "social" work?  How
> are they distributed?

>From taxes that are related to the problem that is to be solved.  E.g.
tobacco taxes are already being used to fund anti-smoking programs.
Eco-taxes can be used to fund ecological clean-up operations and R&D for
clean technologies.  Public acceptance is of course a problem, but if it can
be shown that the socio-environmental benefits of these measures outweigh
the costs (according to the rule that repairing a damage is more expensive
than avoiding it), the public will accept such taxes much rather than if the
funds are to be used for free hand-outs (BI) without a visible/effective "ROI".

---

Darryl wrote:
> I must have missed your suggestion (the Swiss one). Could you tell me the
> date you sent it

4-Dec:

Chris